Friday, May 17, 2013

Wine Tasting Anyone...

Hooray!!

Tomorrow night I am hosting the kickoff of a new monthly wine tasting group! What is a wine tasting group you might ask, (besides the obvious. of course)

For us it is a group of friends getting together under the guise of higher education, to learn a little something about wine. Really... we are.

How it works is like this: We will each pick a month and a country out of a hat, or ice bucket..etc., then get together and bring food and wine from the monthly hostess's region.

This is a great way to learn what wines pair with certain types of food. YOu also learn what wines are your favorites - with or without food. (This comes in handy in case you want to cut back on calories by skipping the food altogether).

Tomorrow we are starting with Germany. If you decide to incorporate this educational experiece into your life, the kickoff hostess gets to pick her country. We will of course toss Germany back in the hat. If your wondering why, you have never had a great German wine....or maybe there is just something wrong with you.

So I am off to Aldi, (yes, I do shop at Aldi, after all sauerkraut is sauerkraut) and Trafer Joe's. I need to pick some things that are on my Martha Stewart recipe. (I am no Martha, but I try). I also have a list of wine possibilites. I think I have tried all of the German wines at TJ's, but a girl can hope.

I will let you know how it all turns out!

Just remember, this activity is a great way to learn about wine, drink wine, spend time with friends, eat, drink wine and laugh. If anyone questions your devotion to your group, please state the obvious - This is an educational experience and you are the kind of girl who is all about expanding your intelligence and furthering your education.

Talk to you soon,

Deborah E.

No comments:

Post a Comment